Christmas letters are more of a family tradition and the most beautiful ones. Among all the commercialisation around the holiday season, letters are something precious. It gives a personalized touch and a memory that one can cherish for a lifetime. It is like a mode of communication to make your wishes reach the father of Christmas and get a personalized note in return.
One such tradition which most families follow is sending a Letter to Santa on Christmas. The children get to write what they want from Santa and keep faith that they receive the same. Every parent should encourage their child to write the letter and should even help them write it. If you are clueless about how to go by it, here are some tips to help you.
Tips For Sending A Letter To Santa
- Turn on the letter writing, a few days before Christmas. Give it equal significance as you give to decorating a Christmas tree.
- Tell them to design the shape and decorate the letter themselves using ornaments, colours and all the glittery stuff. Help them by giving your suggestions and motivate them to make the best designs.
- When it comes to writing the actual Letter to Santa, keep the experience personal. Give your children their space and let them write whatever they want, do not guide them with words. It will help let their feelings out and strengthen their faith in the festival and this tradition.
- The last step is to put the letter in an envelope and encourage your children to decorate that as well in order to ensure that Santa picks the special one out of the lot.
- Take your child along with you as you post these letters so that they get the assurance that the letter will eventually reach Santa.
Benefits Of Following This Tradition
The most significant benefit of sending these letters is to give your child memories that they can cherish for life. Furthermore, it fills the child up with gratitude and warmth, believing that Santa is listening to them and is there to fulfil their wishes. Additionally, it keeps the traditions alive and protects the holiday spirit from turning into commercials.
It is the best practice that every family should follow and keep up with the tradition of communicating with Santa through these letters. As Christmas is coming closer, make sure you practice the letter writing this time and experience the joy it brings.